Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Have Faith, butterfly sketch card


I used today's Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge SC588
 This last weekend I was in the St Louis area visiting my daughter. We went to the Scrapbook Factory
They were giving away journaling cards for checking in on facebook. Those journaling cards were on my desk when I looked at the sketch and I decided to use them. When I was there I bought some new distress inks, "Dried Marigold" and "Bundled Sage" both of those were perfect for using with the cards. I was trying to go CAS, and was struggling with it. I was messaging with my friend Pam asking her is I should add sequins and she said "NO" well, I kept them off the front but couldn't keep them from sneaking their way onto the inside of the card. I was going to not use cheese cloth either but just as I was gluing the card together, I changed my mind. 

 A lot of my cards have a lot of dimension to them. How do you mail something thick? Answer is in a box. I made a matching box to go with the card. I used some old dp that I have had around forever, not because I was hoarding it, but because I just couldn't see using it on a card. While not my style for a card, it was perfect for making a mailer box.



Thank you Scrapbook Factory for the journaling cards.

1 comment:

  1. What a really pretty card MariLynn - love the colours you have used and the simplicity of the striking design makes it so very effective, and the butterflies really take the eye.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete