Thursday, April 7, 2016

Shabby chic butterfly card

This card is for several challenges:

Well you know my style is Shabby Chic so I definitely had to play along. The shabby on my card is distressed inks, I distressed the edges of the panel. I added a layer of cheesecloth. I added gold thread in the bow. The chic part is the gold, the pearls, the ribbon, the layers and the lacy border.

For the recipe challenge I used 
O- Orange on the poppies            
D- Double ribbon bow                 
B- Butterfly                                  
D- Decorative edge border punch.

For the background challenge. The background on my card started as white cardstock. I colored on my embossing folder with three different green markers. I spritzed the folder with water and rand the cardstock through the cuttlebug. When I took it out I used distress inks and gold metallic rub to finish it. I also stamped some little green plants that if you look closely you can see behind the poppies.



Thanks for looking. I hope you have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. Love your inked and embossed background. Beautiful poppies and butterfly. Thanks so much joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH what a fabulous background MariLynn, and a stunning card - love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful background you have created, Marilynn!! Stunning colors and details!! Love the butterfly! Such Depth!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!
    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete