Monday, June 6, 2016

My delicate shabby beautiful MESS

Today the TLC was a rerun of an old technique. It has been done as a tlc challenge 2 times before. That technique was FAUX cloisonne. TLC589

I used a uniform catalog. One of the things I remembered when I started working on this card was how flimsy the magazine paper is. I didn't want it to look cheap. I wanted it to have a little bit of firmness, so I glued it to a piece of cardstock. I wish I had used a glue stick because the white glue that I used left it a little warped. 


 I embossed a pretty piece of cardstock with Stamplorations mini mixed media backgrounds. I used the music notes.I ran the floral carstock through cuttlebug with script folder and rubbed gold metallic rub over raised areas. I was thinking that since I was already recyling on my card with the catalog that I would add cardboard. Of course what is a card without lace, ribbon, pearls, rhinestones, cheesecloth...? So I pulled all of that out of my embellishments boxes and I placed it all on the embossed floral cardstock. I took this photo and sent it to my friend Pam. I told her it looked like my embellishments had puked on my desk.

After a little bit of layering and adjusting, and changing out ribbons
I came up with this finished card.

 Here is a close up of the faux cloisonne butterfly. What I liked about my butterfly is having the cardstock underneath gave it a more elegant look, I think. When I first cut it out you could see the white cardstock so I rubbed gold metallic rub over the edges to give it a finished look.

When my card was all done, I sent a photo of it to a friend... who will remain anonymous. She said, and I quote. "That is delicate shabby beautiful mess." She had been voice texting and meant to say beautifulness. I thought it was funny because it did sort of start out as a mess that when put together gave a shabby beautiful vintage feel to my card. She felt bad about it. but it made me laugh and smile. And I love how my delicate shabby beautiful MESS turned out.

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty MariLynn - love that faux cloisonne technique, and thanks for the tip about gluing the magazine page onto card stock!
    Blessing
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete